Adults’ health-related behaviours:
This report provides updates to key statistics and measurements for adults aged 16 and over with commentary on prevalence in 2018 and on trends over time. It looks at health related behaviours for smoking prevalence, alcohol consumption, problem gambling, physical activity and fruit and vegetable consumption.
- Current cigarette smoking among adults has steadily declined between 1993 and 2018 (from 27% to 17%).
- 18% of current cigarette smokers were using e-cigarettes.
- 82% of adults had drunk alcohol in the last 12 months.
- 28% of adults were eating the recommended five portions of fruit and vegetables a day.
- 27% of adults reported less than 30 minutes of moderate or vigorous physical activity (MVPA) per week and were classified as ‘Inactive’.
- 54% of adults had participated in some form of gambling activity during the previous 12 months.
Download the tables for this report here.